Rich Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 6, 2015
This was "rich" but very tasty! We are going to try the leftovers with tortilla chips as an appetizer!
Mar 10, 2013
We love spinach, so I know this is always a hit! I have never used egg substitute ~ have found using 2 extra large eggs work well.
Dec 20, 2011
It was a hit at my house. The kids beg for it :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.