Rich Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 packages (30 ounces each) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 4 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, sour cream, soup, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle evenly over tops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2012
This recipe isn't any different than most "church potatoes" recipe but I love the large quantity. I use this recipe often for football and baseball team meals. It also freezes well so I divide it up between smaller pans and pop them in the freezer.
Jul 5, 2012
A "two-yums-up" up winner at our 4th of July picnic! I have made this in the past, and it always gets compliments and requests for the recipe. It is quick, easy, can make it the night before...