- 2 packages (30 ounces each) country-style hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, sour cream, soup, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle evenly over tops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 26-30 servings.
Reviews forRich Potato Casserole
"This recipe isn't any different than most "church potatoes" recipe but I love the large quantity. I use this recipe often for football and baseball team meals. It also freezes well so I divide it up between smaller pans and pop them in the freezer."