Rich Peanut Clusters
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 15 dozen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and butter. Add peanuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 15, 2018
My local store had jars of salted peanuts on sale for 99 cents each. I couldn't resist buying one for each member of our family. I admit I had a few extra peanuts so when I found this recipe I was happy to give it a try. It was a HIT! Sometimes I will HALF the recipe if I am in a hurry and don't have that many peanuts left. But it is well worth the effort! I even found myself hiding the last ones so I could eat them myself!!
Dec 16, 2012
As soon as I get the recipe I will make them I know they will be good.
Oct 4, 2011
Easy, made a lot and everyone at the tailgate loved them!