Rich Peanut Clusters
It’s cheaper to make these bite-size morsels than it is to buy them in the store. Best of all, family and friends agree they taste better! —Janice Garvert, Plainville, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 15 dozen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and butter. Add peanuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Clusters in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.