Rich Peanut Clusters
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 15 dozen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and butter. Add peanuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2018
My local store had jars of salted peanuts on sale for 99 cents each. I couldn't resist buying one for each member of our family. I admit I had a few extra peanuts so when I found this recipe I was happy to give it a try. It was a HIT! Sometimes I will HALF the recipe if I am in a hurry and don't have that many peanuts left. But it is well worth the effort! I even found myself hiding the last ones so I could eat them myself!!
Dec 16, 2012
As soon as I get the recipe I will make them I know they will be good.
Oct 4, 2011
Easy, made a lot and everyone at the tailgate loved them!