Rich Italian Beef Roll ups Recipe
I was asked to make this dish but I didn't have a recipe, so I invented my own. It must have turned out pretty good, because I was asked to share my recipe.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds round steak (1/4 inch thick) or minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- Hot cooked spaghetti or other pasta, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, eggs, crumbs, milk, onion, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Shape into twelve 3-in. rolls. Cut steak into twelve 6-1/2-in. x 3-1/2-in. pieces. Wrap each roll in a piece of steak; secure with toothpicks. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roll-ups in oil.
- 2. Spread 2 cups of spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups over sauce; cover with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until steak is tender. Remove toothpicks. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 400 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 932mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Rich Italian Beef Roll ups
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC