Rich Hazelnut Coffee
I love to try new recipes and entertain friends and relatives. This drink couldn’t be more perfect for doing just that. Coffee lovers: your favorite drink just got better! —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream and instant espresso powder, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the coffee, brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur. Ladle into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and dust with espresso powder if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 383 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Prailne Coffee in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.