Rich Cinnamon-Chip Scones
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in baking chips. Whisk 1 cup cream and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining cream. Combine coarse sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 338 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 17, 2011
This is delicious! It did fall apart a bit so I might have to work on my technique. They tasted so good that I am making a bunch to put in treat boxes for friends and family for Christmas!