Rich Cinnamon-Chip Scones
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in baking chips. Whisk 1 cup cream and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining cream. Combine coarse sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 338 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 17, 2011
This is delicious! It did fall apart a bit so I might have to work on my technique. They tasted so good that I am making a bunch to put in treat boxes for friends and family for Christmas!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.