Rich Chocolate Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites. Add the applesauce, oil, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 290 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
May 23, 2016
This was SUPER easy to make and my guests loved it! I served it with Vanilla Hazlenut ice cream and it was delicious. I live in Holland and could not find semi sweet chocolate baking squares so I just threw in a melted pieces of milk chocolate!
Apr 11, 2015
Very rich and moist, tasted a lot like fudge cake.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.