Rich Chocolate Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in the sugar and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add cream; mix well. Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 149 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 21, 2010
Oh my gosh - this is fabulous!!! When it chills in the fridge it solidifies into spoonfuls of gooey, chocolaty Heaven! I dare say that most of it has been eaten in spoonfuls straight from the fridge than over ice cream!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.