Rich Chocolate Sauce
Carolyn Pinckney of Wilmington, North Carolina uses just six ingredients to whip up a big batch of this thick chocolate sauce. It's delicious draped over scoops of ice cream. Save the extra sauce for the two recipes that follow.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in the sugar and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add cream; mix well. Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 149 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Rich Chocolate Sauce in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Jun 21, 2010
Oh my gosh - this is fabulous!!! When it chills in the fridge it solidifies into spoonfuls of gooey, chocolaty Heaven! I dare say that most of it has been eaten in spoonfuls straight from the fridge than over ice cream!