VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot strong coffee
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Remove top pan from heat; stir in sugar and coffee. Add one yolk at a time, stirring until smooth. Place top pan over boiling water; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Pour into bowl; chill 6-8 minutes. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spoon into dishes. Top with whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rich Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p11