Rich Chocolate Mousse
I love to serve this impressive dessert because people think I went to a lot of trouble. Actually, it's easy to make.—Florence Palmer, Marshall, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot strong coffee
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Remove top pan from heat; stir in sugar and coffee. Add one yolk at a time, stirring until smooth. Place top pan over boiling water; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Pour into bowl; chill 6-8 minutes.
- Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spoon into dishes. Top with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 16g fat (12g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rich Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home October/November 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.