- 2-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Fresh raspberries and variegated mint leaves, optional
- Grease a 10-in. springform pan and wrap bottom of pan with heavy-duty foil; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the chocolate chips, butter, cream and sugar over low heat until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl; cool.
- In another mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat into chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (top will crack). Cool on a wire rack (cake will settle). Cover and chill for 1 hour. Run a knife around edge of pan before removing sides.
- In a saucepan, heat the first four glaze ingredients over low heat until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Spread enough of the glaze over top and sides of cake to cover. Chill for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze. Chill overnight. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forRich Chocolate Cake
"DELICIOUS! I made this for my mother's birthday and we all loved it! The recipe was amazing and so simple. The cake had an almost cheesecake like texture and taste. I will definitely be making it again and I might even put a graham cracker crust in the next one just to see. I will definitely be recommending this cake to lots of people including my friends that can't have gluten! YUMMY!"
"Made this for our Valentine's dinner, nothing but kudos for the taste, texture, and overall appearance. Served it with Strawberries and a real whipped cream!! Yummy! Well worth the time spent making this decadent desert!!"
"My girlfriends always suggest that I make this cake when they come over or for when we together. Very rich and addicting!"
"I followed recipe to the tee and it fell completely flat as a pancake. There was no taste to it either. Will not try again. I do not want to take a chance in wasting that many eggs."