Rich Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place salad dressing in a small resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter; whisk in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese and chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve chicken mixture with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 752 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Sep 24, 2014
I loved this recipe - will try the recommendations listed below. Thanks
Sep 15, 2014
A fine recipe. I added more half and half, but that is just personal taste.
Mar 3, 2014
Yummy. My husband and i love this easy quick to prepare dish. i back off a bit on the Itialian and garlic seasoning. One of our staple chicken dinners!
Feb 26, 2013
This was very good I added onions and mushrooms plus a little Italian seasoning I would make this again.
Dec 12, 2012
Very good, and easy to make. I only gave it 4 stars because it really needed salt! I added about 1/8 tsp.
Dec 1, 2012
My family loved this recipe thank you for sharing!
Mar 1, 2012
was great, sdded sauted onions and fresh mushrooms.
Oct 26, 2008
I'm surprised to see there was a negative comment on this recipe, I loved it! I used minced garlic instead of the powder, which worked out well. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Sep 17, 2008
After making this recipe, I would recomend just buying a box of Pasta Roni and adding chicken to it. It would take less time and tastes better than this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.