Rich Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place salad dressing in a small resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter; whisk in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese and chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve chicken mixture with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 752 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Sep 24, 2014
I loved this recipe - will try the recommendations listed below. Thanks
Sep 15, 2014
A fine recipe. I added more half and half, but that is just personal taste.
Mar 3, 2014
Yummy. My husband and i love this easy quick to prepare dish. i back off a bit on the Itialian and garlic seasoning. One of our staple chicken dinners!
Feb 26, 2013
This was very good I added onions and mushrooms plus a little Italian seasoning I would make this again.
Dec 12, 2012
Very good, and easy to make. I only gave it 4 stars because it really needed salt! I added about 1/8 tsp.
Dec 1, 2012
My family loved this recipe thank you for sharing!
Mar 1, 2012
was great, sdded sauted onions and fresh mushrooms.
Oct 26, 2008
I loved it! Give it a try and see for yourself!