Rich Caramel Pecan Bars
"These bars are so simple to fix, yet so delicious," assures Rebecca Wyke from Morganton, North Carolina. "You'll want to cut them small because the combination of caramel, chocolate and pecans makes them rich and sweet."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel topping until warmed. Drizzle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until chips are melted. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 62 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Pecan Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Apr 30, 2010
These tasted good (what wouldn't with chocolate, caramel and pecans). However, the vanilla wafer layer was not very thick. If I were to make it again, I would add more wafers. It was very sticky when you took it out of the pan.