Rich Candy Bar Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
Makes4 pounds (about 7 dozen)
- 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set pan aside. Cut candy bars into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour half into prepared pan. Sprinkle with candy bar slices. Top with remaining chocolate mixture and spread evenly. Let stand at room temperature to cool. Lift out of pan and remove foil. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 4, 2013
If you wanna save a little time and effort on these you can use the new snickers bites in them.Either way this fudge is quite tasty.Theres a coupon for them here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/snickers-or-milky-brand-bites-1-and-2-off-any-one-snickers-or-milky-brand-bites-8oz-size-50-off-any-one-snickers-or-milky-way-brand-bites-2-83-oz-size.html
Oct 5, 2010
This is a rave especially at Christmas! Thank you!
Aug 2, 2010
This is my favorite candy bar fudge that I have tried. It's fast & easy to make
Jan 26, 2008
A bit expensive to make... but SO worth it! :D
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.