Rich Butterscotch Bars
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 167 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 12, 2016
Excellent and Easy!!! This was included in my 2016 new dozen recipes for the holidays. Already won a "Bake Off" at our church. They all wanted the recipe!
Nov 19, 2010
Quick and easy to make and the family loves it. I do switch it up, making it one time with the graham crackers and the next time I use saltines.
Sep 26, 2010
Sep 26, 2010
made this for lunch today-went over very well
easy to make
Jul 29, 2010
May 26, 2009
I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!
Dec 31, 1969
Very good and very easy!