Rich Butterscotch Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2016
Excellent and Easy!!! This was included in my 2016 new dozen recipes for the holidays. Already won a "Bake Off" at our church. They all wanted the recipe!
Nov 19, 2010
Quick and easy to make and the family loves it. I do switch it up, making it one time with the graham crackers and the next time I use saltines.
Oct 29, 2010
Sep 26, 2010
made this for lunch today-went over very welleasy to make
Jul 29, 2010
May 26, 2009
I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!
Jul 21, 2008
Very good and very easy!