- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the chips and butter on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Add the cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour over the crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forRich Butterscotch Bars
"made this for lunch today-went over very welleasy to make"
"I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!"
"Very good and very easy!"