Rich Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 3 eggs; beat until smooth. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Set aside 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for topping. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining eggs. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 slice: 413 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Rich Butter Cake
"This sounds so good, I think it would be great in the summer topped with some fresh strawberries, too! "
"This cake is delicious! I usually leave the walnuts off, but it's good with or without them."