Rich Butter Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 3 eggs; beat until smooth. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for topping. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining eggs. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 11, 2018
The taste of this cake is to die for - loved the topping it was delicious
Jan 14, 2013
This cake is so easy to make and has such a great flavor. Simple and satisfying. One of our favorites.
Feb 7, 2011
This sounds so good, I think it would be great in the summer topped with some fresh strawberries, too!
Feb 7, 2011
I made this cake last night for the super bowl because it looked easy and I wasn't expecting much out of it. I had 20 college kids and everyone loved it. It was so easy to make and yet an unexpected hit. It's now my favorite.
Jun 25, 2010
This cake lives up to its name. It is very rich and buttery...and very yummy. Making it was easy and the results were foolproof. Thank you for sharing......this is a definite keeper!
Sep 21, 2008
This cake is delicious! I usually leave the walnuts off, but it's good with or without them.