- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, butter and 3 eggs; beat until smooth. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Set aside 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for topping. In bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, remaining confectioners' sugar and remaining eggs. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forRich Butter Cake
"This sounds so good, I think it would be great in the summer topped with some fresh strawberries, too! "
"This cake is delicious! I usually leave the walnuts off, but it's good with or without them."