Rich and Creamy Twice-Baked Potatoes
My mom, Lynda, is a marvelous cook. I’m proud to say she taught me everything she knows, especially during my teenage years when we spent long hours together in the kitchen. She often made these twice-baked potatoes when my sister, Dina, and I were growing up. They feed a crowd and are just as good re-heated the next day. —Cathy Gross, Taste of Home Online Community
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour 50 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 1-1/2-1-3/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells; return to pan. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, adding 2 cups cheese and remaining ingredients. Spoon into potato shells.
- Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 367 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Million Dollar Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.