Rich and Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh brussels sprouts or 1 package (18 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soup, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Drain brussels sprouts; transfer to a serving dish. Add water chestnuts and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 169 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 17, 2009
If someone says they do not like brussel sprouts, you need to fix this recipe. My husband would never eat them, but he loves this dish!I added 1 tsp Worchershire sauce and used toasted sesame seeds instead of almonds.I will absolutely be making this dish again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.