Rice with Herbs
Ordinary rice is spiced up with zesty poultry seasoning. This pairs well with the Mediterranean Chicken Stew, but would also be a nice stand-alone side dish with any entree.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, water, bouillon and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 217 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.