Ordinary rice is spiced up with zesty poultry seasoning. This pairs well with the Mediterranean Chicken Stew, but would also be a nice stand-alone side dish with any entree.
Recommended: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, water, bouillon and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p1
Reviews forRice with Herbs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2010
"Adds a delicious flavour to plain rice"