- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRice Spinach Casserole
"Love rice and love spinach....great combination....next time will hit it with herbs, spices and garlic for a wilder kick."
"The recipe was good, but next time I believe I'll add in some herbs &/or garlic."
"This was very good. Could use a little garlic for my taste, but otherwise perfect."
"Tasty. Different way to have spinach and rice and simple to make!"
"This is a GREAT way to get my kids to eat spinach. Simple too!"