Rice Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
I grow all my own herbs, including fresh cilantro. In fact, I first tried this recipe because it had cilantro in it. It's a delicious and colorful salad.—Michele Montgomery, Lethbridge, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine rice, beans, peppers and cilantro. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 193 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Rice Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette in Taste of Home June/July 1999