Rice Salad in Tomato Cups Recipe
I created this recipe for a contest a long time ago. With an abundance of tomatoes in our garden each year, I had to come up with something new. I serve this as a side dish or lively lunch.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. cut a thin slice off bottom of tomatoes to level if necessary. Fill with rice salad. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 326 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Rice Salad in Tomato Cups
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC