- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRice Pilaf with Apples & Raisins
"Delicious! I used a fresh granny smith apple because dried wasn't available, and added it as per the recipe."
"I substituted instant rice and added the other ingredients during cooking. Very good."