Rice Cake Pizzas Recipe
Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas. Yield: 14 servings.
1 each: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Rice Cake Pizzas
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC