Rice Cake Pizzas
Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 29, 2012
Great recipe and very easy. I have celiac and I am always looking for a new way to top rice cakes. I usually just top my "pizza" with some garlic and herb Laughing Cow spread and a slice of sandwich pepperoni. This is much, much better.