Rice Cake Pizzas
Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Rice Cake Pizzas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Jul 29, 2012
Great recipe and very easy. I have celiac and I am always looking for a new way to top rice cakes. I usually just top my "pizza" with some garlic and herb Laughing Cow spread and a slice of sandwich pepperoni. This is much, much better.