Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Rice Cake Pizzas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p261
Reviews forRice Cake Pizzas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review