- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and onion to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in the broccoli, soup and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRice Broccoli Casserole
"This recipe is bland because it needs more cheese. Eight ounces of cheese is not enough. Barely any cheese flavor. I would suggest using 16 ounces of cheese next time."
"Really didn't like this, it was fairly boring."
"This was good but not my favorite. I will try some more recipes. The soup made it a little too creamy."
"This is an all time favorite in my home. Sometimes I will add some crushed Ritz Crackers on top and drizzle some melted butter, just to give it a crunchy topping. You can also add chopped waterchest nuts for a little crunch in the middle without changing the flavor alot. Delicious! I will be making it for Thanksgiving. We love it!"
"Cooked this last night. Instead of cheese sauce I used a block of valveeta cheese I already had on hand. It was delicious!"
"I think I'll try this with cream of celery soup because fo a severe mushroom allergy. But I love broccoli and I love rice"