Rice and Green Pea Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2014
This was just a goopy mess
Jun 14, 2013
I didn't have frozen peas so I put broccoli in instead. Very quick & yummy!
Jun 2, 2009
Since peas are a starchy vegetable, I cut back on them, add more carrot, and throw in zucchini. Very colorful and delicious.