Rice and Green Pea Side Dish
This recipe combines two of my family's favorite foods-peas and rice. The ingredients may be simple, but the colorful combination is unbeatable.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 18, 2014
This was just a goopy mess
Jun 14, 2013
I didn't have frozen peas so I put broccoli in instead. Very quick & yummy!
Jun 2, 2009
Since peas are a starchy vegetable, I cut back on them, add more carrot, and throw in zucchini. Very colorful and delicious.