- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a 3-qt. saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRice and Green Pea Side Dish
"This was just a goopy mess"
"I didn't have frozen peas so I put broccoli in instead. Very quick & yummy!"
"Since peas are a starchy vegetable, I cut back on them, add more carrot, and throw in zucchini. Very colorful and delicious."