- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add the carrots, broth and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots and rice are tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add the cream, tomato paste, salt, pepper and remaining butter; heat through. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews forRice and Carrot Soup
"This recipe is outstanding. I have already made it at least five times. It is definitely a favorite of mine."
"Very tasty and easy. Thanks for sharing!"
"We loved it! I put in a salt substitute (similar to Mrs. Dash) in place of the salt and pepper. I will definitely make this again the same way."
"I made this for the frist time back in Oct. My daughter loved it. I lost the book that it was in and have been looking for it. She has been asking for me to make it again so now I have it again and will be making it all the time."