Ribeyes with Mushrooms
Lissa Hutson of Phelan, California shared this easy entree. The hearty steak is well-seasoned with a robust marinade and served with a fresh mushroom sauce.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Place the steaks in a shallow dish; add half of the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil steaks 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, place remaining marinade and the mushrooms in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 23, 2013
Delicious! I made it without the mushrooms and used the reduced sauce as a dip for the steak.
Apr 11, 2009
This is a favorite in our house. We give it a full 5 stars.