Ribeyes with Chili Butter
A couple spoonfuls of spicy butter instantly give steak a delicious Southwestern slant. Meat lovers will be delighted by the chili and mustard flavors. —Allan Stackhouse Jr., Jennings, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, chili powder, mustard and cayenne until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub the steaks with pepper and sugar. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Spoon chili butter over steak.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 708 calories, 59g fat (29g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Rib Eye Steaks with Chili Butter in Country Woman April/May 2010