A couple spoonfuls of spicy butter instantly give steak a delicious Southwestern slant. Meat lovers will be delighted by the chili and mustard flavors. —Allan Stackhouse Jr., Jennings, Louisiana
Featured In: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, chili powder, mustard and cayenne until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub the steaks with pepper and sugar. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Spoon chili butter over steak. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ribeyes with Chili Butter in Country Woman April/May 2010, p45
Reviews forRibeyes with Chili Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2012
"this was wonderful--yum yum"