Ribbon Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt, ground mustard, rubbed sage and pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat half into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine filling ingredients; spoon over meat mixture. pat remaining meat mixture over filling. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 16°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
If you don't own an egg separator, crack an egg into a funnel over a bowl. The yolk will stay in the funnel and the while will pass through.
1 each: 337 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Ribbon Meat Loaf
"Before subscribing to Taste of Home this was the only meat loaf our family would eat. Taste of Home has just given me so many more flavors and options, but we still like this old standby."