"These dressed-up rice crispies are a great-tasting twist on a longtime favorite," writes Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "They’re perfect for buffet tables and meals eaten on the run. Kids from 1 to 101 love them, and they’re always a huge hit no matter where or when I share them with others."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 11 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the marshmallow creme until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal until blended.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; spread with peanut butter. Carefully spread with hot fudge topping. Press the remaining cereal mixture over fudge layer (pan will be full). Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Ribbon Krispies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.