- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add fruit; toss to coat. Gently stir in the juice, marmalade if desired and orange zest. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb/Strawberry Pie
"Light, fresh flavor. I was a little hesitant about the orange juice but followed the directions & it was wonderful. Family loved it. I will make this again (and again!). Thank you for sharing the best strawberry-rhubarb pie we've ever had."
"Wonderful recipe! pie turned out beautifully and had a great flavor!"
"We always love the combination of strawberries and rhubarb and this pie showcases the flavors nicely."
"Excellent taste and consistency."
"Love the blend of rhubarb, strawberries and orange. Great pie!"
"Very good recipe. The orange added an extra level of flavor. I did not use the marmalade and I use clear gel instead of tapioca."
"Nice and tangy"
"The best. Husband and I loved it as did all of my friends. Skipped the marmalade as I didn't want too much orange taste."