- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Strawberry Crunch
"I gave this 3 stars because this was way too sweet for me."
"Lovely recipe-will try to get it in a big shop or a eatery,thanks for the recipe."
"I wanted something easier to make than pie for my strawberries and rhubarb. This was perfect! I wanted to lick my bowl afterwards. I adjusted by using more strawberries and a bigger pan, everything else stayed the same. Scrumptious."
"Very good recipe. We have made this twice. I didn't put the water in it and substituted tapioca for the corn starch. It has been put in the recipe file. It's a keeper!"
"A wonderful easy way to enjoy summer's bounty!"
"Had this at my cousin's place, absolutely amazing. Perfect paring of an all time favorite, Strawberry and Rhubarb! Thank you taste of home."
"This is a great recipe to make in the spring when the fresh rhubarb appears! We love the combination of rhubarb and strawberries together and this recipe is a great pairing of the two!! Served warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it is such a delicious dessert!!! If I am serving more people, I increase ingredients to 1 1/2 times the amounts and put in a 9x13 in dish. As a TOH field editor, this is one of our families favorite springtime desserts!"
"Given free rhubarb and didn't know what to make. Thank you Taste of Home!"
"I love this recipe, but I messed up when I made it the first time. I didn't read the instructions closely and thought all the dry ingredients were for the topping. Well I liked it the way it turned out anyway, so what I do now is halve the crust/topping ingredients, forget about making a crust, put the fruit in the bottom of my dish, pour the sauce over and top with the crumb mixture. easy and very tasty :)"