- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon evenly into 12 well-greased muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well.
- Spoon over rhubarb mixture, filling cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forRhubarb Sticky Buns
"Loves these! They were wonderful in texture and flavor!"
"I have made this recipe many, many times. Family and friends just love it!"
"wonderful simple recipe ! Prepped it ahead, kept it cool..then popped it in oven just as we sat down to lunch. Cold, it is good enough. Warm out of the oven...outstanding !! Also made a batch in mini muffin tins for work and was consumed instantly. Very nice, esp with fresh grated nutmeg."
"Doubtful children loved it. It was an easy recipe that didn't heat the kitchen too long on a July morning."