Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups cubed rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in pie shell. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, sour cream and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 295 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 31, 2011
I did not have sour cream so used vanilla yogart and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Jan 7, 2011
Easy to make and tasted great! I used chopped frozen rhubarb that I defrosted by pouring hot water over it. Some people may want to add a little more sugar, but we enjoyed the tang, true rhubarb!
Dec 20, 2010
My husband loves ruhbarb. I was glad to find a pie recipe that was such a hit with him. It really was delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.