With a tart kick from fresh spring rhubarb, this coffee cake is an irresistible way to start the day—or end it! —Roberta Schauer, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; mix well.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in rhubarb. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2018
Reviews forRhubarb Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review