Even people who don't like rhubarb have fallen for this dish! The deceptively simple-sounding recipe does not prepare you for the delicious flavor of the finished product. With its sweet-tart flavor, it's a lovely addition to a tradition festive dinner of a buffet supper.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a saucepan, cook rhubarb, 1/2 cup water and sugar until a sauce forms, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add orange peel, celery, nuts if desired and remaining water; mix well. Pour into a lightly greased 4- to 5-1/2-cup mold. Cover and chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 165 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rhubarb Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.