Rhubarb Raisin Crisp Recipe
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons flour; transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over raisins.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar, oats and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
"My grandma had memories of her mother adding a few raisins to rhubarb recipes, which she called a "real treat" and "so good!". I found this recipe, made it for her, and she LOVES it!"