Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
Martha Dayton of Alexander, New York writes, "In spring, this crisp is the first thing I make with our garden rhubarb. I double the recipe for company."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons flour; transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over raisins.
- Combine the brown sugar, oats and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rhubarb Raisin Crisp in Taste of Home April/May 1996
Jun 6, 2015
My grandma had memories of her mother adding a few raisins to rhubarb recipes, which she called a "real treat" and "so good!". I found this recipe, made it for her, and she LOVES it!