- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons of flour; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over the raisins. Combine brown sugar, oat and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Raisin Crisp
"My grandma had memories of her mother adding a few raisins to rhubarb recipes, which she called a "real treat" and "so good!". I found this recipe, made it for her, and she LOVES it!"